Please visit our links above and donate what you can to these Organizations. The Men and Women of our Military services deserve nothing but the absolute best for their sacrifices. THANK YOU!!

Friday, March 16, 2012

The "Shakedown"


Made it to Atlanta no problem. Met up with my old friend "BirdShooter" (96" Thru Hiker, see his links to the right), who has been helping/mentoring me along the way. We went through all my equipment and he helped me realize I am a knucklehead. :)  Thanks to his "shakedown" I am now 8-10 pounds lighter then when I arrived...pretty good as I was packing out a bit on the heavy side. Once again...THANK YOU BirdShooter! We would not have been nearly prepared without your excellent guidance. Heading to the trail in 2.5 days.   

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Scott. Looking forward to your reports along the way. Be safe & have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott - I was thinking about you this morning as you make your way to Springer. It's great weather for the send off. Have a good one - you are in for the experience of a lifetime. Best Wishes.

    Steve Goodrich (aka BirdShooter)

    ReplyDelete